Thursday, January 8, 2009

Rap Critics Poll 2008 Results



The results have been in for a lil' while for the 3rd annual Rap Critics Poll, organized by the homie Rizoh over at The Rap Up with help from some good peoples - Ivan at Hip Hop Is Read and Zillz at Zilla Says.

Check out the overall results here at HipHopCritic.com and my personal picks right here.

So how did I compare to the pack?

Six of my Top 10 albums made the Top 10 Overall - Q-Tip's The Renaissance, Nas' Untitled, The Roots' Rising Down, Lil' Wayne's Tha Carter III, Elzhi's The Preface and Jake One's White Van Music. I was buggin 'cause I knew I should've included Black Milk's but I hadn't listened to the whole thing when I submitted my picks. Notice that I included Black's album at numero cuatro on my HFTB favorites, which I compiled after my submissions to the poll.

Three of my Top 10 song choices made the cut for Top 10 Overall - Lil' Wayne's "A Milli," KiD CuDi's "Day N Nite," and Nas' "Hero." One thing I can't believe is that Jay-Z's "History," which I ranked first, came in at a lowly #34. WTF? Oh well, just wait 'til Blueprint 3 is the album of the year in '09.

Finally, three of my mixtape picks made the Top 10 Overall - Wale's Mixtape About Nothing, Re-Up Gang's We Got It For Cheap Vol. 3: The Spirit of Competition, and Mick Boogie & Terry Urban's Viva La Hova. Wale definitely deserved the top spot here, he was on his grizzly in '08.

Once again, shouts to Rizoh for organizing the poll. I look forward to participating once again this year, hopefully we get some fresh hip-hop goodness all throughout '09!

No comments:

Post a Comment