Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Crack A Bottle & Get It In



Aftermath Records is coming outta hibernation, settin' the year off strong with new joints from the Three Headed Monster of 50 Cent, Eminem and Dr. Dre - shiiit, it's about time.

What was that, you say? Dre produced both these? Now that's what I'm talkin bout. I'm excited, even though I know Detox is a publicity stunt. Sike, but it probably won't drop this year - if it does, it would have to be Aftermath's year no doubt. I've got hope.


50 Cent - "I Get It In" prod. Dr. Dre

Fitty's newest Dre-laced "Get It In" resembles previous efforts like "Just A Lil' Bit" and the always timeless "In Da Club," 'cause this is his comfort zone - carefree, gully, sweaty club heaters. This joint is on-point if you take it for what it is, as Boo Boo brags:

Soon as I step in the club, I swear my n*gga
You could feel the attention shift

Started round 12, ended up around 2

I better leave with more hoes than I came here with

I can't be responsible for what I say

Or I do when I talk intoxicated

Shorty say I told her I love her, put her out the next morning

Sayin 'bitch I musta been faded'


Look at 50 getting his gentlemen on and shit. Ha, right. Moving on.


Eminem ft. Dr. Dre & 50 Cent - "Crack A Bottle" [CDQ]

The homie J Smooth Twittered bout Em's current status in rap, and I couldn't agree more. He compared Em to Prince, basically he will never be the same as he once was, so neither will his material.

Em had that fire during his Slim Shady LP years, but now he's just got some mediocre but tolerable verses. Dre and 50's presence is appreciated but together, the Three Headed Monster never set shit off like it could - this track had so much potential, it's incredible. It ain't bad, but not great either - peep game at Dre's rhymes:

They see that lowrider go by, they like 'oh myy'
You ain't gotta tell me why your sick 'cause
I know why
I dipped through in that six trey like sick 'em Dre

I'm an itch that they can't straight, they sick of me


The Doctor's still got the touch on the boards, so I'll be bumpin these two beats type heavy in the car for a hot minute.

As always, thanks to Shake & Meka and Obese for the tracks, Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment