Sunday, November 16, 2008

We Just Don't Stop



.. I felt a certain type of way when I heard the news over at illRoots that organic hip-hop jazz pioneers The Roots are halting touring (temporarily I hope!) since they landed a gig as Jimmy Fallon's in-house band when he steps in for Conan this upcoming spring on NBC.

Now, I've seen the innovative, entertaining hip-hop band three times now but I wish Powerhouse 105.1's concert wasn't the same night back in Oct when the Roots crew rocked with Gym Class Heroes, I would've loved to go. Hopefully they'll do a few more shows around the tri-state so I can catch ?uestlove, Tariq and the fellas before their stint on Late Night.

In light of the news, I've compiled my a list of some random gems from The Roots' deep 15-year catalog that they'll return to performing if Fallon flops, Enjoy!

The Seed (2.0) / Melting Pot / Web [Live]
Album: Home Grown! The Beginners Guide To Understanding The Roots Volume 2

The Seed (2.0)
Album: Phrenology

No Alibi
Album: Illadelph Halflife

Proceed

Album: Do You Want More?!!!??!

Rising Down (ft. Mos Def & Styles P)
Album: Rising Down

Long Time
Album: Game Theory

No comments:

Post a Comment