Monday, December 15, 2008

Playing Catch Up..


It's about that time of the year where hip-hop bloggers weigh in on the year's ups and downs. For me, it's a time to glance back over the releases I downloaded (I mean, purchased, of course) and listen to the albums I've overlooked for whatever reason.

My bad, it was a big year - I graduated college, found a job in this economy (in the finance sector, how bout them apples?), moved out of my apartment, voted for the first black President, and found time to listen to about 75% of the music I wanted to - but no one's perfect.

I feel guilty for passing over these lesser-known artists (outside of die-hard circles, that is) during another year of over-hyped commercial releases - yea, I'm talkin 'bout Wayne. But I'll be good and most likely hear each album before Christmas.

Here's my "To-Listen List" before my annual HFTB lists unfold (in alphabetical order):

88-Keys - Death of Adam

Akrobatik - Absolute Value

Astonish - From Now Until Forever

Braille - The IV Edition

Common Market - Tobacco Road

Elzhi - The Preface

Grip Grand - High Rule

Jazz Liberatorz - Clin d'oeil

Knonam - Length of the Blade

Moe Pope - Moe Pope and Headnodic are Megaphone

Murs - Murs For President

Reks - Grey Hairs

The Mighty Underdogs - Droppin' Science Fiction

The Mighty Underdogs - The Prelude

.. Whew, I think that'll be enough to hold me over for the next couple of weeks. My goal is to rock one of these during my commute to work then another at night until I hear 'em all.

And why not? It's all in the name of hip-hop.

I'll keep y'all updated on my progress, wish me luck!

2 comments:

  1. thanks for taking a moment to check out my record. I really appreciate it. - Braille
    www.braillehiphop.com

    ReplyDelete