Thursday, February 12, 2009

Can I Kick It? All-Star AF1 Edition



So, the story goes that Nike Sportswear Design Director Jesse Leyva challenged accessory design Starks and sneaker guru DJ Clark Kent to come up with two different AF1's to celebrate the upcoming NBA All-Star Weekend 2009. Easy enough, right? Except there's one caveat - the two had to pay homage to this year's host city, Phoenix.

And when I tell you they went in with these two colorways, they went in HARD. I'm not even gonna justify that with a pause, that's how serious these sneaks are. If I was a Suns fan, I'd be frantically searching for a pair.

Clark Kent's design features Phoenix Suns's signature orange and purp highlighted by different types of leather (even pebbled leather like used on a bball) for a sleek-yet-street look.

The real beauty is in the detail, as Sparks created specific designs for both colorways, each featuring a metal plate at the bottom of the laces with the words "East" or "West."

Check out some more shots below and big thanks to Nice Kicks for the info, Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. ahhhh man i'm mad the East ones look better lol maybe its just cause I like white kicks

    ReplyDelete