Sunday, June 8, 2008

Sex And The City (While Playing New Music)


[the cougars]

SPOILER ALERT!

I finally sat down to watch this fearsome foursome in the silver screen adaptation of one of the best written HBO shows Sex In The City during my NYC commute on NJ Transit (bootleggers unite!). Though it was slow to pick up steam and circumvented conflict until about a third of the way through, I enjoyed it overall. Seeing Carrie and Big manage their relationship and upcoming marriage, Miranda and Steve get through a sex-deprived 6-month span, Charlotte get pregnant (finally!) and Samantha struggle with her cougar mentality - I'd say the film met my expectations despite taking an astonishingly long time to do so (148 min!!). In between all the Manolo and Louis Vuitton product placement, there is a profound romantic storyline that can warm the most stoic heart.

You think I'd forget about giving you some new tracks? These Carter III jams, new Nas songs, and a Styles P collab with Wyclef should hold you over until next time.. Enjoy!

Nas - Hero - this one brings me back to Nas' "Hate Me Now" era of speedy-paced complex street poetry, "the only true rebel since the beginning"

Nas - Black President prod. Green Lantern

Lil' Wayne - Tie My Hands ft. Robin Thicke

Lil' Wayne - Shoot Me Down ft. D. Smith prod. Kanye West

Lil' Wayne - La La ft. Brisco & Busta Rhymes prod. David Banner

Styles P ft. Wyclef - Understand Me

No comments:

Post a Comment